Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Wish granted


As i was browsing through my photo library, i came across photos of the Bohol Medical Mission I participated in almost 2 years ago. It was an open heart surgical mission. I became nostalgic seeing the faces and places in the pics.

My participation in that medical mission was almost cancelled out. I had a misunderstanding with one of the doctors who made up the organizing committee. "If am not welcome to join the medical mission, then i will beg off from it", so i said. What is the point of volunteering (i did so) when someone wants you out of the mission? i thought.

But God has another plan for me. He really wanted me to have my wish of being able to ride a plane. (a friend of mine joked me that i can just take the plane in the carnival hehehe) So a workmate of mine "lobbied" for me and talked with the committee member.The ending: i took the Philippine Airlines flight the next day going to bohol. I kept thanking the Lord for the granted wish/answered prayer. Not only will i be able to give free service to chosen Boholano patients, but i will also get to see interesting sights like the Chocolate hills, Loboc River, Tarsier habitat, Man made forest etc. 





Aboard the plane, my seat was beside the aisle. But i asked my friend to have his seat which was beside the window for I wanted to see clouds and over head views of terrains and seas. When the plane took off, i was smiling! hehehe. I could not believe i was flying. :-) Everything was good. The sights, the sounds and the feel. The turbulence? i longed for it! hehehe. Well it is not something i usually experience everyday so i kept on waiting for some turbulence while on board.

Snacks were served and broadsheet papers were given to us. Ditto with the headsets to be used for music listening or movie watching. I kept awake (unusual for me) for the rest of the trip. I made sure that i keep it all in within me - the experience of the first plane ride.
Someone told me that one of the things i should definitely try to do aboard a plane is to pee. At my seat? Of course not, at the comfort cubicle. (well it is not a room to me) And so i did. There was nothing new or remarkable about using the CC except for the fact that the space was really consumed well. A fully functional restroom, toilet is built in such a cramped space.

After an hour and a half, the plane we boarded touched ground. Then when i got out of the plane, i saw a band marching and playing nearby. I was delighted to see that we are being given a warm welcome. Then after a few moments, it dawned on me that the band was not playing specifically for us. It was playing for the ambassador of Australia who then at that time also arrived on a private plane. Hehehe. So much for wishful thinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment